In addition to the Haseschacht, another shaft existed in the north of the Piesberg - the Stüveschacht. The hard coals extracted there were transported underground by horses through the 1.5-kilometre-long Hasestollen to the colliery station to the south. The building, the remains of which have been restored, housed a dewatering machine that lifted the mine water flowing in at depth. After the colliery closed in 1898, the facility fell into disrepair and was finally demolished except for this building.
Please inquire on the homepages or directly in the respective houses about the current opening and event times, prices, cancellations, etc.. This information can change at short notice!