Coal was loaded at the colliery station from 1867, and about 30 years later only stones from the nearby quarry were loaded.
At the end of the Second World War, a provisional connection of the colliery station to the Osnabrück-Bremen line had to go into operation as a bypass; in this way, rail traffic could be maintained even when the Osnabrück railway junction was destroyed. Even today, the colliery railway station is used to tranship stones of all sizes - and at certain times, the Osnabrücker Dampflokfreunde e.V. send their restored locomotives on the rails to the main railway station..
Please inquire on the homepages or directly in the respective houses about the current opening and event times, prices, cancellations, etc.. This information can change at short notice!