"We are extremely pleased that at the last meeting of the heads of zoos in Lower Saxony, the idea and implementation of the 'Lower Saxony Zoo Days' was born," reports Andreas Busemann, managing director of Osnabrück Zoo. Already this fall, the "Lower Saxony Zoo Days" are to take place. On October 14 and 15, 2023, annual pass holders of a participating Lower Saxony zoo will then be able to visit another Lower Saxony zoo free of charge. "Thus, zoo fans who own annual passes benefit and can get to know other zoos in Lower Saxony," explains the managing director. In addition to the Osnabrück Zoo, many other zoos, animal parks and wildlife parks from Lower Saxony also want to participate in the "Lower Saxony Zoo Days." Which zoos will participate will be determined shortly. All in all, the zoos, animal and wildlife parks in Lower Saxony alone record around 6 million visitors every year.
At the same time "Middle Ages Spectaculum
From October 13 to 15, the "Medieval Spectaculum" will also take place at Osnabrück Zoo, transporting visitors to the zoo to a time long past: medieval live music, a wide variety of market stalls with crafts and medieval camp life will allow young and old to travel back in time. In addition, Lisbeth, the youngest member of the rhinoceros family at Schölerberg, will also be on display for visitors this weekend.
"Lower Saxony Zoo Day" at a glance:
- For the first time on October 14 and 15, 2023.
- Annual pass holders of a participating zoo in Lower Saxony can then visit another participating zoo free of charge
- the current annual pass must be presented at the ticket office
- takes place in all participating zoos, game parks and animal parks in Lower Saxony
- the participating zoos will be announced soon